Factorio 0.2.0 released
Posted by Tomas on 2013-01-13
Hi everyone ! So we have a brand new release of Factorio for you packed with new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The game is still far away from being graphically complete (surprise) but the gameplay is slowly getting where we would like it to be.
So here is a short teaser for some of the new features:
- Technologies Build labs, create science packs and discover new recipes and improvements.
- Logistic Robots When your factory gets big use small flying robots to ease the transportation of material.
- Signals This has already been in 0.1.x, but now it has been tested and verified.
Define conditions to switch on / off certain inserters based on number of items in your chests.
This is perfect for controlling how many items are produced.
- Day night cycle Are you scared of the dark ? Well, too bad ...
- Graphic polish Character animations (mining, shooting, standing), light sources, mining particles, rocket smoke ...
- Freeplay There is a simple freeplay mode in the full version now. You play on the unlimited map full of enemy bases with scarce resources.
Your task is to build a rocket defense for soon-to-land spaceships from the earth. The rocket defense is meant to protect the ships from
potential allien attacks. However in order to build the rocket defense you need to research appropriate technologies first. And to spice it
up a bit in order to research certain technologies you will need allien artefacts which you get when you destroy allien bases.
So you will have to craft that shiny looking flamethrower and go out there get some artefacts.
As usual the demo is downloadable without any restrictions and without signup. A lot of features that have been added are not available in the demo though (nor are the 2 extra missions).
If you would like to play the full version, just send us an email at "factorio (at) factorio (dot) com" and we will give you a free download key for the full version.